Manager Vendor Operations EU Fashion Shoes
( London, UK )
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, Amazon needs exceptionally talented, bright, and data driven people. Are you an analytical innovative person who wants to make a difference? Would you love to take on the challenge to drive operational processes and supply chain improvement/creation? Do you want to start in an entrepreneurial environment? Then Amazon has a unique opportunity for you to become an active part of a dynamic & fast-growing environment.
Amazon Fashion Europe is looking for an experienced Supply-Chain/Operations leader to lead the EU Shoes - Vendor Operations team.
Reporting to the Head of Operations for EU Softlines, Manager Vendor Operations will lead a team of experienced Vendor Operations Manager and will proactively partner with our top brands to drive external facing operational improvements, such as to launch programs delivering scalable supply chain efficiencies and cost improvements across our European brand base.
Key priorities are to 1) lead a highly motivated and experienced team of Vendor Operations Managers, 2) Proactively partner with our top brands to build strategic relationship to also increase our Vendor Satisfaction, 3) Deliver process improvements by eliminating end to end supply chain waste (e.g. cost optimization, inventory availability, PO management, inventory placement).
The leader will instigate the following mechanisms including 1) weekly Operations team meeting to align on key callouts across Europe, 2) dedicated MBR to update on key metrics and projects progress, 3) Alignment with Sr. Leadership on strategy and priorities (e.g. QBR/OP1/AVN cycles). This leader will be required to support both Sr. level vendor facing engagements, as well as interface with Sr. leaders of internal teams.
The candidate will have a successful background of operating/scaling business with corresponding team leadership experience to own and execute business objectives as well as strategic, cross-functional projects and Operations oversight. You collaborate with business, operational and technical teams to drive innovation and experimentation, as well as business goals, reporting, and the right mechanisms to measure status and success. Through strong data driven customer insight, and passionate ownership, you will maximize impact and efficiency of this key area.
· Hire and develop the best as a leader of Vendor Operations Managers
· Proactively partner with our top brands to build strategic relationship to also increase our Vendor Satisfaction
· Drive a high standard of results with top brands, providing leadership and structure to the team as well owning key goals to secure cost savings entitlement across brands owned across your team.
· Drive strategic program implementation through your team across key initiatives to optimize Amazon supply chain to improve inventory availability, speed of delivery, capacity planning, and cost reduction while simultaneously driving automation and reducing lead times.
· Influence and drive process improvements and operational excellence among Amazon suppliers by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation, automation and economies of scale.
· Support new and existing strategic projects across SL requiring Operational input (e.g. Replenishment)
· Collaborate with EU product family and WW SL counterparts, foster global best practice exchange.
· Develop and implement mechanisms to audit key vendor supply chain and cost optimization performance and report on progress against goals and relevant metrics to senior management.
· Own business communications including business reviews, project updates and strategic deep dives.
· Drive work to scale/simplify solutions to enable handover of ‘playbooks’ to scale solutions across mid-tail/unmanaged brands.
· 5+ years of senior level experience in Supply Chain, Operations, and Inventory Management.
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders and deliver results.
· 3+ years’ experience in leading and managing teams
· Experience in business case decision-making, complex problem-solving capabilities and high level of attention to details
· Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
· Strong data analysis, problem solving and project management skills. Advanced user of Excel.
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
· Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· MBA preferred
· Consulting background in one of the following areas: supply chain, inventory management, vendor management
· Cross-functional international project management capability. Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
· Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
APPLY NOW on our company website !
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Acquisition in relation to this vacancy is not appreciated.